We are The North Lincolnshire Green Energy Park Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10949653 that is part of the Solar 21 group of companies. Our registered office is at Regents Court, Princess Street, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU2 8BA. We are a development company establishing planning consent and environmental permitting for the North Lincolnshire Green Energy Park (Energy Park), an innovative proposal utilising a combination of technologies to ensure that as much energy as possible is recovered from waste that cannot be recycled. We are also the data controller of your Personal Data.
It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during your relationship with us.
3. failure to provide personal data
Where we need to collect or otherwise process Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
4. INDIViDUALS We collect and process PERSONAL data ABOUT
The types of individuals we collect and otherwise process Personal Data about include the following:
- business and other contacts including those at regulatory bodies;
- clients, prospective clients and individuals associated with them;
- consultation contributors;
- individuals who have requested that they are kept informed about the Energy Park;
- individuals who supply us with their information;
- job applicants and staff;
- shareholders of our company and that of our clients;
- users of our website; and
- visitors to our offices.
5. personal data we COLLECT AND process
The specific Personal Data that we collect about you will depend on your relationship with us and the context so please feel free to contact us for further information. The types of Personal Data that we may collect and otherwise process include the following:
- contact data (including address, email address and telephone number);
- identity data (including name, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, occupation, nationality and country of residence);
- financial data (including bank account and payment card details);
- marketing and communications data (including your marketing and communication preferences);
- profile data (including your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses);
- technical data (including information collected when you access our website, your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our website);
- transaction data (including details about payments made to/from you);
- usage data (including information about how you use our website);
- any other information that you have chosen to provide us with or that is publicly available (including names and addresses, contact details, consultation feedback and comments of support or objection to any development or operational process); and
- in certain cases, we may receive certain information from which it is possible to infer Special Categories of Personal Data including your trade union membership, religious or political beliefs.
6. personal data we collect from you
You may give us Personal Data as follows:
- by communicating with us in person, by writing, phone or email, or otherwise. We ask that the Personal Data you disclose to us is limited to what is necessary for the purposes of the communication;
- by posting on our social media platforms, message boards, blogs and any other services to which you can post information. Please note that if you share Personal Data through these services, then this information may become publicly available;
- when you supply us with goods or services; and
- by applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide includes your CV, a cover letter, your name, address, email address and telephone number. CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (e.g. degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards). We ask that you do not disclose Special Categories of Personal Data, information revealing criminal offences, financial data or other sensitive information in your application.
7. THIRD PARTIES WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU from
We may obtain Personal Data about you from various third parties including the following:
- elected members of local parish or regional councils;
- electoral register;
- publicly available sources such as social media and data published by central government, local authorities and public bodies;
- local community and business associations;
- other individuals in person, by writing, phone or email, or otherwise;
- regulatory bodies;
- responders to questionnaires and other requests for information; and
- web conferencing applications, including the recording of live sessions.
8. personal data YOU PROVIDE TO US about other INDIVIDUALS
We may collect Personal Data about others from your voluntary feedback, questionnaires, questions submitted requesting information, or a referee (in the event of a job application). The Personal Data used by us with respect to such individuals is limited to name, address, telephone number, email address and, where relevant, identifier number, and is used only for identification purposes.
When we receive documentary evidence from you (e.g. for consultation purposes), the documentation may contain Personal Data belonging to other individuals, not related to your submission. The Personal Data collected by us about such individuals is not used by us but is retained as part of your contact records. All Personal Data on these individuals will be removed from our records in accordance with our data retention policy.
9. how we process your personal data
We will only process your Personal Data when the law allows us to do so. Most commonly, we will process your Personal Data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of a contract: Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Legitimate interests: Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Legal or regulatory obligations: Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to; and
- Consent: Where you have given us consent to process your Personal Data for a specific purpose.
10. PURPOSES AND LAWFUL BASES for processing YOUR personal data
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to process your Personal Data and the lawful bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. For further information concerning the lawful basis on which we collect and otherwise process your Personal Data (including any legitimate interests relied upon), please contact us.
- In relation to our management of the planning, permitting, design, construction and operation of the proposed Energy Park along with its associated developments, which is necessary for our legitimate interests (to carry out the core purpose of our business).
- To register your details and manage our relationship with you, which is necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and engage with you), performance of a contract and our legal obligations.
- To transact business with you (including managing payments, fees and charges, and collecting and recovering money owed to us), which is necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us) and performance of a contract.
- To enable you to complete a survey or questionnaire, which is necessary for our legitimate interests (to study interest in our activities and to develop and grow our business).
- To administer and protect our business and that of our group companies and business partners (including establishing, exercising and defending legal claims) and this website(including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data), which is necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) and complying with our legal obligations.
- For training and security purposes, which is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations and for our legitimate interests (to train staff and maintain security).
- To deliver relevant content, advertisements and marketing to you, including regarding investments, events and other information about our activities, and also to measure the effectiveness of our content delivery, advertising and marketing, which is necessary for our legitimate interests (to study interest in our activities, develop and grow our business and inform our marketing strategy).
- To make relevant suggestions and recommendations to users of our website, which is necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop and grow our business).
- To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, relationships and experiences, which is necessary for our legitimate interests (tostudy interest in our activities, keep our website updated and relevant, develop our business and inform our marketing strategy).
- To recruit staff and create a candidate profile if you are a prospective employee so that we can take steps prior to entering into a contract with you, which is necessary for our corresponding legitimate interests.
12. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your Personal Data with the parties set out below for the purposes that we collected the Personal Data.
- Our business partners working with us in relation to our development of the Energy Park including our marketing and communications agency, planning advisors, environmental consultants, engineers, design and planning consultants and land referencing consultants.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HMRC, regulators and other authorities.
13. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
If we transfer Personal Data outside the UK to a country that has not been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data, then we as the data controller will ensure that there are appropriate safeguards in place (including using specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give Personal Data the same protection it has in the UK). If you would like further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Data out of the UK, then please contact us.
14. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
15. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements and for the establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research and statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
16. Your legal rights and how to make a complaint
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data. In summary these are the rights of access, rectification (i.e. correction), erasure (also known as the “right to be forgotten”), restriction, objection, data portability, withdrawal of consent and opting-out of marketing communications (e.g. by following the opt-out links on any electronic marketing sent to you or by otherwise contacting us). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, then please contact us and we will respond in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any individual who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please feel free to contact us in the first instance.
17. How TO contact us
Last update March 2021
Register for updates
If you want to be kept updated on our plans for North Lincolnshire Green Energy Park, fill in your details below.